December 13, 2012: Onsight Connect Version 6.1 Platform
Onsight Connect Version 6.1 provides general platform enhancements such as tighter controls over Onsight guest user licenses, simplified PC software deployment and deeper integration with enterprise video infrastructure. The central management tools, Onsight Management Suite and Onsight Account Manager, were also updated to support these new capabilities.
Enhanced Onsight Connect Service Platform
Onsight administrators now have tighter control over Guest users, email communications and configuration options:
- Tighter Onsight guest user controls including the ability to restrict guest users from accessing global contact directories and disable their ability to take pictures and record sessions
- More flexibility in the automatic email communications including the ability to add subject, title, logo, message and support contact information
- Ability to auto-assign SIP addresses for new and existing Onsight users to simplify configuration
- Ability to provide Librestream Support personnel with access to the Onsight Connect domain to provide assistance
Simplified Onsight PC Client Deployment
Onsight Connect for PC can now be installed using either the Enterprise or Standard install option. The Standard option simplifies deployment as it does not require PC Admin rights to install Onsight Connect. Direct3D 9 was also added as a video rendering option in addition to the previously supported DirectDraw, OpenGL and GDI+.
Streamlined Video Infrastructure Solution
Onsight now supports both private and public SIP server configurations. If both configurations are present, Onsight Connect will automatically register to either the private or public SIP server depending on the location of the Onsight PC, iPhone, iPad or Onsight rugged device.
The Onsight TeamLink service now supports authenticating proxies for Onsight PC and Onsight rugged devices. With this enhanced service, Onsight users bypass typical firewall issues greatly simplifying collaboration with suppliers, customers and other external network locations.
Minor Improvements and Bug Fixes
The Version 6.1 release also includes minor improvements such as simplified Onsight TeamLink status reporting, Onsight Connect for iOS option to enable Bandwidth Adaptive Streaming (BAS) for cellular networks only and default encryption to auto.
September 10, 2012: Onsight Connect Version 6.0 Platform with iOS 5.0 Support and New Media Sharing Capability
Librestream is pleased to announce its latest release of Onsight Connect, which now includes support for iPhone and iPad devices.
Onsight Connect for iOS
Onsight Connect for iOS 5.0 is now available on the App Store for installation on the iPhone 4/4S and iPad 2/3 devices. Onsight Connect users can now use an iPhone or iPad to stream live video to other Onsight Connect users on iPhone, iPad, PC or Onsight Device endpoints.
The full Onsight collaboration experience including video, audio, telestration and image sharing is available now on the iOS platform. IMPORTANT: To operate the Onsight Connect App, users must have a valid Onsight Connect user license.
New Media Sharing Capability
Onsight Connect now provides a new way to share video between Onsight Connect enabled endpoints. From an iPhone, iPad or Onsight Device, users can now share live video with other Onsight endpoints. Previously, live video could only be shared from an Onsight Device to an Onsight desktop.
June 20, 2012: Onsight Connect Service with Onsight Expert Version 5.1 / Onsight Mobile Device Version 5.1 / Onsight Management Suite Version 5.1
Librestream is pleased to announce its new Onsight Connect cloud collaboration service that extends the value and reach of Onsight across an enterprise and into the ecosystem of customers, suppliers and partners.
With Onsight Connect an enterprise can widely deploy Onsight internally and quickly bring in external parties such as suppliers. The Onsight system provides core interactive collaboration features designed to solve Operations problems as well as the following new capabilities:
- Deploy Onsight software on an unlimited number of computers – no activation keys required
- Be ready to take a call anywhere by logging into Onsight on multiple computers and Onsight devices with personal settings that follow you across all devices
- Quickly find the right contact by accessing a central Global Directory
- Invite guests to your Onsight collaboration session with a new optional Guest Service
- Option to add Librestream’s hosted Onsight TeamLink, Onsight SIP Service and Onsight Management Suite services
- Centrally manage the Onsight software user license pool and Global Directory with Onsight Account Manager
Librestream is offering an Onsight Customer Transition Program for existing customers to streamline the conversion to the new Onsight Connect service. For more information on the service, please review Onsight Connect or Contact Us for details on the Program.
The Onsight TeamLink service was also improved to provide additional support for Proxy Servers. For more information, see Onsight TeamLink.
November 17, 2011: Onsight Expert Version 5.0 / Onsight Mobile Device Version 5.0 / Onsight Management Suite Version 5.0
Librestream is pleased to announce a patent pending breakthrough that overcomes standard firewall issues and new features that simplify the overall Onsight experience. The newest enhancements in the Onsight Mobile Collaboration System include the following:
Onsight TeamLink is Librestream's patent pending methodology that overcomes firewall issues to immediately connect Onsight collaborators across multiple networks.
Previously, IT departments had to open specific SIP and UDP ports to allow Onsight collaborators to connect across networks. Now, Onsight will attempt to connect through SIP and automatically fail over to HTTPS or HTTP, if the firewall ports are not open. With this approach Onsight users bypass typical firewall issues greatly simplifying collaboration with suppliers, customers and other external network locations.
To request your Onsight TeamLink account now, please click here.
Note: SIP is still the preferred call connection default as it can optimize performance especially in low bandwidth situations.
New Onsight Expert User Interface and Features
Onsight Expert previously involved three separate screens to initiate the Onsight session, interact with the live video call, and manage images and recordings. The new Onsight Expert interface combines these three screens into one, easy-to-use interface, and includes new features such as:
- A new Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) module to provide a superior audio experience
- The ability to immediately email an image or recording
- New Search Capability with the option to add keywords to calls/images/recordings for easier retrieval
- Improved history browser to find previous session information more quickly
- Tabbed viewing windows and thumbnail views of images/recordings to simplify working with media from multiple Onsight sessions
- Auto-hide panels to increase video window size
Onsight Mobile Device Features
- WiFi Hotspot login browser support
- USB file transfer capability to quickly upload Onsight images and recordings to a PC
- Custom media configurations on the Onsight Device, previously only available on the Onsight Expert
June 29, 2011: Onsight Expert Version 4.5 / Onsight Mobile Version 4.5 / Onsight Management Suite Version 2.5
Building on the previous bandwidth enhancements in Version 4.2 such as video collaboration within ultra-low bandwidth environments, bandwidth adaptive streaming and bandwidth hard limit enforcement, Version 4.5 also now provides the following additional capabilities:
- Displays estimated aggregate bandwidth usage to assist with configuring and adjusting media settings. The aggregate bandwidth identifies visually how much bandwidth will be consumed by video, audio, data and the secondary audio channel.
- Displays actual bandwidth usage of both incoming and outgoing network traffic within a call in real-time.
- Includes a new option to increase the bandwidth efficiency of audio communications over the network.
Privacy Recording Control
Onsight administrators can now allow or restrict the option to record video, audio, images and data on an individual Onsight mobile device or Onsight Expert desktop. Prior to this release, the ability to record an Onsight session was restricted if just one call participant was not authorized to record. This release provides privacy control to the Onsight endpoint level. For example, an administrator can now allow Onsight Expert users to record, but disable recording on the Onsight devices.
Onsight now includes PEAP-GTC as an 802.1x WiFi security authentication method in addition to the previously available options (EAP-TLS and PEAP-MSCHAPv2).
Onsight Management Suite includes the following additional remote management options:
- Administrators can configure all common Onsight Expert parameters remotely. Previously, it included only limited number of configuration parameters for Onsight Expert.
- Administrators can push security certificates to Onsight mobile devices and Onsight Expert desktops.
- Contact lists can be created from User lists or Managed Endpoints lists to simplify the way administrators create and share contact lists across enterprise groups.
August 3rd, 2010: Onsight Expert Version 4.2 / Onsight Mobile Version 4.2 / Onsight Management Suite Version 2.2
Onsight includes new features to optimize performance in low bandwidth environments such as areas with only satellite and cellular network coverage. These features include:
- Significant reduction in the bandwidth required for a full Onsight video collaboration session with the addition of a 160x112 resolution option. When used in combination with a low video frame rate, video can be streamed at less than 24 Kbps.
- The subject audio stream can now be disabled completely to reduce bandwidth usage by approximately 15-20 Kbps. In this configuration, the voice channel still remains active to allow the parties to talk live.
- The Custom Stream Configuration user interface was simplified to assist with fine-tuning media configuration properties.
- The ability to set a hard limit for the target video bitrate was added to ensure that Onsight sessions stay within the pre-determined bandwidth limits.
In addition, a new Bandwidth Adaptive Streaming (BAS) feature is now available to minimize audio dropouts and overall latency when operating on less reliable (e.g. WWAN) networks. BAS monitors network conditions and dynamically adjusts video parameters in order to improve overall call quality and stability.
Quality of Service
Network QoS support through Differentiated Services (DiffServ) was added to allow network administrators the ability to set the priority for the various Onsight media components of video, audio and data.
Onsight Session Statistics
Onsight Expert and Onsight Device endpoints now log call, stream and event statistics for usage analysis and troubleshooting. Statistics are reported to the Onsight Management Suite via the remote management web service.
Onsight Management Suite collects and displays four groups of statistics including call details, conference details, media stream information and endpoint events. Statistics can be viewed onscreen through the Onsight Management Suite user interface and exported to a CSV file for further analysis in third party reporting tools.
General Usability Improvements
- Onsight Devices now support direct calls with the Microsoft Office Communicator client using the H.263 video codec. This feature requires Tandberg Video Communication Server (VCS) infrastructure.
- Onsight Expert can remotely switch the video source on the Onsight Device between Internal Video and S-Video.
- Onsight device illumination can be disabled for sites that do not allow high intensity light sources.
- The activation status of all managed Onsight Expert endpoints can now be viewed in Onsight Management Suite.
- Onsight Expert can now be configured for use with a proxy server.
Onsight Management Suite can remotely assign activation keys to Onsight Expert endpoints over the Web Service interface to simplify the activation process. Activation jobs can be created to do the following: activate an Onsight Expert that is currently in trial mode; convert an Onsight Enterprise server licensed Onsight Expert to a standalone license; and activate Onsight Expert for the purpose of changing its serial number.
June 7th, 2010: Onsight Expert Version 4.1 / Onsight Mobile Version 4.1
Onsight System Wide New Features
- Onsight endpoints can now integrate with Cisco IP telephony infrastructure including the Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS). This feature allows calls between Onsight and Cisco endpoints. Onsight users can also follow the online presence of other Onsight and Cisco users, and Cisco users can follow the online presence of Onsight users. An Onsight Expert user can see the online presence of his/her Enterprise contacts in the Contacts list.
- Onsight endpoints have been made compatible when SIP-TLS is used when registering to a Tandberg VCS.
Onsight Expert New Features
Auto Answer on Onsight Expert
- The ability for Onsight Expert to automatically answer an incoming call has been added. This permits a remote Onsight Device user to call when the Onsight Expert is unattended, which is helpful is situations such as time zone differences. Any snapshots shared by the Onsight Device will be saved in a session folder at the Onsight Expert.
- In addition to DirectDraw (the DirectX 2D renderer), Onsight Expert now offers two new choices for video rendering: OpenGL and GDI+. This gives administrators the ability to select the renderer that best matches the video capabilities of the user’s PC. In cases where the PC’s video capabilities are limited, GDI+ is recommended. DirectDraw is still the default.
- Windows 7 is now a supported Operating System.
Onsight Device New Features
- The device now contains a VPN Client. Both PPTP and L2TP/IPSec VPN connections are supported. The Network Status screen has been enhanced to view VPN Status.
- For customers who have a Fortress FIPS WiFi infrastructure, the Onsight Device is now available with an embedded Fortress FIPS 140-2 software client as a factory installed option. Contact Librestream to inquire about factory upgrade of the FIPS option for previously acquired Devices.
Additional Camera Options
- Additional capabilities have been added to allow manual control of exposure parameters including exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture and gain. The headset speaker and microphones gains have been adjusted to provide a small increase in volume.
- Date/Time stamping has been added, except when using an external S-Video source. If enabled, the date/time appears in the viewfinder, video stream, recordings and still images.
- The File Browser on the Onsight Device now shows the amount of used/free space on the SD Card. The properties of individual folders can also be shown.
January 7, 2010: Onsight Expert Version 4.0.6 / Onsight Mobile Version 4.0.4
One to Many
- A significant advancement was made to Onsight Expert to enable multiple Onsight Expert users to participate in an Onsight video session.
- Onsight Expert can now act as a conference host to allow the operator to either invite or accept incoming requests to add additional participants. The allowable number of participants can be limited by the system administrator to manage various bandwidth environments. However, the non-arbitrary limit is really determined by the computer and networking resources available to the Onsight Expert conference host.
- Using One to Many, multiple subject matter experts can share video, audio, still images, telestration, recordings, and remotely control the Onsight device while connected in a One to Many session. This capability allows full collaboration by all participants.
Personal Security Credentials
- Each Onsight device user can now install and use private security credentials (certificates). Certificates are not shared between users for additional security.
General System Enhancements
- To provide more flexibility, the maximum headset volume has been increased.
- A new log export feature was added to provide information for troubleshooting purposes.
- Onsight Expert and Onsight Device user manuals were updated to include the new functionality that was added after the initial Version 3.0 release. Consult the documentation for specific information on the new features included in Onsight 4.0 software.
- Honeywell WiFi infrastructure was added to the list of supported equipment.
January 7, 2010: Onsight Management Suite Version 2.0.8
There were considerable enhancements made to Onsight Management Suite to enhance the system-wide administration capability. The enhancements include the following:
Improved device connectivity
- HTTP-based remote management improves discovery and accessibility
- Remote management of endpoints behind firewalls (requires management server to be accessible to endpoints)
- Existing SNMP support is maintained
- Tolerates IP address changes (‘global’ discovery)
- Endpoints notify server of status changes (http only)
- More robust software and configuration updates
- Offline endpoints updated when they next connect
- Automatic retries on failure
- Silent updates are supported
Improvements to endpoint management
- Support named groups
- Groups can be collectively viewed/configured
- Added paging and sorting capabilities
Adds support for new R4.0 software capabilities
Adds Windows Server 2008 as supported platform
- Ability to remotely reset passwords
- Ability to delete media profiles
October 1, 2009: Onsight Expert Version 3.5.2 / Onsight Mobile Version 3.98.54
Integrated Webex Meeting Capability
- Customers can now launch Webex one-click meetings from within the Onsight Expert application to quickly bring additional subject matter experts into the Onsight session.
- The Webex option must be set up in advance from the ‘File’, ‘Preferences’ option within Onsight Expert. There is a new tab called ‘Webex’ where you must first enter your custom Webex meeting information. Note: you must have an active Webex account to use this feature.
- To launch a Webex meeting, you simply select ‘Start Webex Meeting’ from within the ‘Tools menu. Using the standard Webex one-click meeting features, you then invite your meeting participants.
Bandwidth Optimization Tool
- A bandwidth optimization testing tool was added to Onsight Expert to assist customers in determining the optimal media configuration for their current bandwidth environment.
- To use the Bandwidth tool, go to the ‘Tools’ menu within Onsight Expert and select ‘Test Bandwidth’. You must be in an active session with an Onsight Device to use this tool, as it tests the outgoing and incoming connection speed.
- At the end of the test, Onsight Expert will either present a list of media configurations that match the bandwidth environment or create a custom configuration, if none of the current configurations are acceptable.
- Additional enhancements were made to increase the overall stability of Onsight calls on variable networks such as WWAN (cellular) and satellite.
June 22, 2009: Onsight Expert V3.4 / Onsight Mobile V3.98 Firmware
Configuration access control
The administrator can decide which configuration capabilities can be changed by users:
- Open: all users can modify settings on Onsight device or Onsight Expert application
- Admin: only allows an administrator to modify settings on the Onsight device or Onsight Expert application
- Locked: configuration can only be modified using Onsight Management Suite
Privacy (Recording) control
- Onsight Expert and/or Onsight devices can be configured to disable recording and image capture storage capabilities for privacy/security reasons
- Disables recording of audio, video and data (including saving of still images)
- If recording is disabled on one endpoint in a call then all endpoints are prevented from recording (requires R3.4 or greater clients in the call)
- Visual indicator is provided when the remote user is recording a call
- Onsight Expert and/or Onsight devices can be configured to limit the maximum video bandwidth that can be configured
- Media profiles can be disabled to limit undesirable profiles (i.e. can lock out access to the custom or low/medium/high profiles)
- Supports Tandberg VCS bandwidth subgroups (i.e. endpoints will limit maximum bandwidth to values specified by VCS)
Enhanced call recording
- Records all audio and voice channels in addition to video and data (previous version did not record voice). This provides a complete record of a call, including two-way voice, video, subject audio, images and telestration.
- Recording is independent of video stream (i.e. you can record anytime during a call even if video is not active)
- Headset side tone (useful for full-ear headphones)
- Microphone mute control on the Onsight Expert
- Added gain control for external audio line input
Licensing Model changed
- A Unique Onsight Release Key is now required to authorize each software update
- The Release key does not expire and may be used to reinstall that software release as many times as necessary (on the same license platform).